When I think about you, I overflow with memories and feelings that can only be defined as true love. I can still remember the first time we met. It was a day like any other. I was tired after a long day of work, but a friend convinced me to come meet you. I’d heard you described as “plastic” by some and “rock-hard” by others, so I made myself presentable but headed out with little expectation. What happened that day wasn’t magical. No offense, but it wasn’t butterflies and roses and love at first sight. Rather, it was like coming home, like visiting a childhood friend. Despite your tough exterior, I could be myself with you. As time went by, and I learned how to hold you and move with you, our comfort grew into unconditional and passionate love that will undoubtedly last a lifetime. There are so many things I love about you, but for today I will narrow it down to just 10.
1. That you bring me closer nature.
2. Your unwavering support of my shoe shopping habit.
3. The way you constantly play with my emotions.
4. Your network of great friends.
5. That you gave me the gift of abs.
6. Your love of travel.
7. That you introduced me to my new best friend: the puffy jacket.
8. Your ability to push me further than I ever thought possible.
9. That the slightest indentation on a concrete wall makes me think of you.
10. Your sense of adventure.
I can’t wait to spend my life with you. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Climb (and love) on,
Want to create that cute handmade valentine pictured above? Check out the creative blog Flamingo Toes.