Summer is here! Time to soak up the sun, enjoy the longer days (more pitches!) and embrace all the gloriously sweaty moments. Here are our summer essentials to be enjoyed at your favorite crag.
1. 3rd Rock Luna Sports Bra – Sometimes less is more. Especially when temperatures rise and humidity is steep. No need to cover up this cute and functional sports bra. It’s eco-friendly, made of 95% organic cotton and is GMO free so you can look good and feel good about this purchase. Plus with the longer length for a bit more coverage…no free shows here!
2. Mammut Liquid Chalk – Sweaty hands, greasy holds…summer brings some not-so-welcomed added challenges, so help yourself out with liquid chalk. Stays on sweat, lasts longer and helps to dry out your hands.
3. Sun Bum Sunscreen – Let’s be smart when it comes to the sun. We are definitely not staying indoors, so we’ve got to apply the SPF. This stuff is great (and the bottle and name are adorable). Don’t want to lotion your oh-so-precious calluses? There’s an aerosol version and it’s free of CFCs so the ozone will still love you too.
4. Yogitoes Headband – Sweat dripping down your face? Keep your hair back and soak up some sweat with this lightweight, no-slip headband. I can’t stand the handbands that dig in to my larger-than-average dome, but this is so comfy you don’t even realize it’s there. And there are countless colors and designs.
5. Sublime Brushes – Summer leads to chalk overload. Use this next-level brush—with boar bristles and an easy grip. Why boar’s hair in particular? It doesn’t erode the rock like other synthetic materials, so you can remove excess chalk but leave the natural texture of the rock intact. Keep an eye open, Sublime Brushes are coming soon! In the meantime check out their Kickstarter campaign.
What would you add to our summer essentials list?