Ahhhh, fall. The most wonderful time of the year. Here are a few items we’re loving for this season of sends:
1. Friction Labs Chalk – Chalk is chalk, right? Not so much. Friction Labs has created a different kind of chalk that truly keeps your hands drier for longer. Still skeptical? Try it for yourself in fine, chunky, or super chunky and use code cruxcrush to get 20% off any order now through October 10th. Really make it worth your while by starting a subscription and get 20% off the first month!
2. Black Diamond Access Hybrid LT Jacket – Absolutely the perfect midlayer to have with you while belaying and warming up this season. The PrimaLoft Gold Insulation is lightweight and breathable, yet warm enough to be worn as an outer layer on a mild day. When the temps drop this jacket will definitely carry you through winter as a layering piece on alpine expeditions. The cut is wonderfully flattering on the female frame and it comes in four great colors. Snatch it up right now from BD for only $120.
3. Petzl Zipka Headlamp – There’s no reason to not have this ultra light & compact headlamp with you at all times—whether hiking out of the crag, setting up camp or relaxing in your tent. The adjustable cord works on your head, wrist, branch—you name it. There are two modes for wider or narrower beams. Plus it’s phosphorescent so you don’t need a headlamp to find your headlamp.
4. Giddy Organics Lip Balm and Hand Salve – Giddy started out with their hand salve, a must for any climber after 2 days on, and quickly realized that lips and body could also benefit from their secret salve. Although their signature scent is quite lovely and soothing, they’ve also expanded to include a variety of scents from my personal favorite lavendar to sweet orange to peppermint! With their commitment to natural, organic ingredients and Fair Trade, it’s impossible not to “Get Giddy” about these products.
5. Organic Climbing Lunch Bag Chalk Bucket – Honestly, we couldn’t love these USA made, custom bags more. You tell them a color scheme and they whip up a durable and super functional chalk bucket made just for you. It stays open while you boulder, won’t topple over and spill your chalk everywhere, and has a great roll down closure system to keep your chalk tidy when you’re on the go.
What are your faves this fall?