As climbers, we often talk a big game. I think I’ve “started training” approximately ten times in the last 6 months. But with the New Year, the slate is clean and we can once again declare our resolve to be a better climber! Here are the top ten resolutions you might hear from a climber:
- I will dust off the ol’ hangboard and actually use it.
- I will stop making excuses and do more abs!
- I will pay it forward and mentor a newbie.
- I will wash my rope before spring.
- I will actually follow a training plan.
- I will do more dynos!
- I will remember my beta.
- I will resist inventing a parking spot and hike the extra 1/8th of the mile to the crag.
- I will bury my poop (and my dog’s poop, too!)
- I will always wear my helmet while climbing and belaying. It’s a no-brainer!
What resolutions did you make this year?
Climb on and Happy New Year! ~Crux Crush