With Thanksgiving tomorrow and the holiday season to follow, we wanted to share a few things we’re thankful for. This year, we’re thankful for the aspects of climbing that can be maddening and frustrating, yet motivate us to come back and climb even harder. We may not have been initially grateful for many of the things that made our list (just ask our patient belayers!), but upon reflection they make us stronger and more mindful in our climbing and everyday lives. So, today we give thanks for…
- Not sending our projects, because it gives us yet another opportunity to get outside and refine that beta.
- Long reaches and burly moves, so we can get creative with our technique and find that un-chalked intermediate no one uses.
- Terrible crimps and slick slopers, because they force us to work on our climbing weaknesses.
- Heady cruxes and run-out sections that help us find an inner mantra to keep calm and focused.
- Less-than-ideal climbing weather which gives us extra time to spend with friends grabbing a post-climb beer, huddled around a fire, or jumping into the nearest swimming hole.
Most of all, we’re thankful for our readers near and far, who inspire us both at the crag and in our daily lives–we love hearing and sharing your stories. To show our thanks, we’ve got an awesome giveaway planned. Check out the details on our Facebook page!
♥ Crux Crush